Visitors since November 2007

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cool Band Alert: The Postmarks

http://thepostmarks.com
I can't get enough of these guys! The Postmarks hail from Miami, Florida, the last place you'd expect a band like this to come out of. Pretty melodies, and a pretty singer with a pretty voice...listening to their music makes me feel like I've died and gone to heaven...



The band members include multi-instrumentalists Christopher Moll and Jon Wilkins, singer Tim Yehezkely (a woman with a guy's name), keyboardist Jeff Wagner, and bassist Brian Hill.
If you like The Beach Boys, Burt Bacharach, Van Dyke Parks, Stereolab, The High Llamas, Camera Obscura, The Zombies, The Association, The Cowsills, any other 60s pop or indie pop, or just good music in general, you'll probably like The Postmarks.

Check out the songs streaming on their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thepostmarks

And check out some of their videos:

The Postmarks-Goodbye


The Postmarks-Let Go


The Postmarks-Know Which Way The Wind Blows


The Postmarks-Balloons-from a children's show called "Yo Gabba Gabba".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex - I completely agree!

I discovered The Postmarks on Nick Jr.'s program Yo Gabba, Gabba (a play on a song by The Ramones).

The show regularly features Mark Mothersbaugh (founder and lead singer of Devo) as well as many other new bands (GOGO13, The Agrolites, SuperNova, etc.)

My 8 month-old son, Max, loves the song "ballons" (video above) and I second his motion...I wish I knew where we could download the mp3 ?

If you have a link or know where we can get it, we would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for your keen observation of new talent!

Mark

no3Ljm said...

Balloons Make Me Happy by The Postmarks:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XMAYOUWU