Visitors since November 2007

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Smiling Pets!



















This has become my new favorite Beach Boys tribute album. Its a Japanese-only release which features nothing but indie artists. Before I heard this the only artists on it that I'd heard of before are Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth, musician and producer Jim O'Rourke (who was a member of Sonic Youth for the first half of this decade, and produced Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot), and The Olivia Tremor Control, whom I believe are on the Elephant 6 label. This one is definitely worth the listen.

Tracklisting:

Adventures in Stereo-Wonderful
Secret Chiefs-Good Vibrations
Melt Banana-You're Welcome
Short Hair Front-I'm Waiting For The Day
Olivia Tremor Control-Do You Like Worms
Jim O'Rourke-Fall Breaks and Back To Winter
Sports Guitar-Wonderful
Thurston Moore-Here Today
Onotetsu-Tones
Unknown-Tea Break
Forms-Heroes and Villains
Harpy-Cool Cool Water
Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her-You Still Believe In Me
The Ships-Little Pad
David Grubbs-Wind Chimes
Feelds-I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
John McEntire-Let's Go Away For A While
Dm3-Caroline, No

Catch it at this place:
http://rapidshare.com/files/94393809/VA_-_Smiling_Pets_-_A_Tribute_To_The_Beach_Boys.rar

You better enjoy this one!!!!

4 comments:

Michael said...

I like this! Do you know of any band that covered the whole Pet Sounds or Smile albums. I'd love to hear Sonic Youth do all of Pet Sounds!

Great Blog and thanks!

Alex said...

I'm not sure if any one artist has covered the entire Pet Sounds or SMiLE albums, but I do know there is a Pet Sounds tribute album with each song on the album covered by a different artist. It's called Do It Again: A Tribute to Pet Sounds.

http://stereogum.com/archives/pet-sounds-tribute-album_002458.html

Jorge Kishimoto Curter (Peru - Cusco) said...

Jorge Kishimoto Curter (Cusco - Peru)

Hola... Muchas Gracias, Buen aporte y descargando...

Kelly said...

Can you post a new link to the album? I can't find it anywhere online :(

Thank you!