Visitors since November 2007

Friday, January 18, 2008

Spoiler Alert...

In a little over a week will mark the unveiling of ascrodin's SMiLE '08. Just for a teaser I'm posting the tracklisting. Heroes and Villains is 10 minutes long, The Elements is 15 minutes. I also made an 8 minute version of Good Vibrations. I "cooked up" a pretty crazy outro after the child is the father segment of Surf's Up, extending that song to about 8 minutes. For other songs, I used talking parts from the Psychedelic Reel, Vegetable Arguments, the Chicago Cab Driver, the Basketball Game, Bob Gordon's Real Trip, etc. Brian asks Denny for some hash joints and wonders whether the boys are feeling the acid yet all the while George falls into his French Horn during Surf's Up. During the tag to Heroes and Villains Mike asks for some sexual pleasure devices and Carl says to bring Mike a bag of money. Brian gets stuck in a mic. Van Dyke Parks and David Anderle order ice cream from a tinkling piano. I did something "wild" to pretty much every song. Its about 80 minutes of craziness, and in my opinion, sounds a million times better than my other SMiLE mix.

TRACKLISTING:
1. INTRO/OUR PRAYER
2. HEROES AND VILLAINS
3. THE BARNYARD SUITE
I. I'm In Great Shape
II. Barnyard
III. The Old Master Painter
IV. You Were My Sunshine
4. HOLIDAYS
5. DO YOU LIKE WORMS?
6. CABIN ESSENCE
7. MY LITTLE RED BOOK
8. WITH ME TONIGHT
9. WONDERFUL
10. CHILD IS THE FATHER OF THE MAN
11. LOOK
12. GOOD VIBRATIONS
13. THE ELEMENTS
I. VEGA-TABLES (EARTH)
II. WIND CHIMES (AIR)
III. MRS. O'LEARY'S COW (FIRE)
IV. I WANNA BE AROUND/WORKSHOP (REBUILDING AFTER THE FIRE)
V. COOL COOL WATER/I LOVE TO SAY DA DA (WATER)
14.SURF'S UP/OUTRO

Coming sometime during the last week of January (sometime on or after the 27th) to this blog. First this site, THEN THE WORLD!!!!!
Take care until them. Peace!

No comments: